Happy Wednesday everyone! I'm back again for another round of fabulous fun, but first I want everyone to check out the Quilting for Kids finish by Sarah at So Sarah Sews. She has one of two quilts finished and it turned out amazing! I made a few blocks for Sarah's project a few months ago. She is going to be asking for more blocks soon and I can't wait. I have a piece of fabric in the colors she is asking for that has me excited already.
Onto the WIP business. I haven't made a ton of progress since last week, but I did get all my blocks cut and 'stableized' for my memory quilts. I got lucky that Grandma-in-law had a knee replaced and while in rehab chose to wear scrub tops so I made as many blocks as I could from those nice sturdy non-knit fabrics that were in good shape. I'll show some rejects at the end of my post. I'm hoping I can made some headway on sewing them together today and get the tops at least done by Friday.
In order to do that, I am allowing the TV and Leapster to babysit my daughter while I sew. I don't always do this, but today I think she will have a blast. Tomorrow we will go and do something that possibly involves educational hands on learning or we will hit the 'tumble time' at the gymnastics place where they let the kids run, play and jump for an hour leaving them rendered starving so that 'mom' has to stop at the closest chosen fast food joint that the child chooses and let them eat junk before they are forced home and into their bed so they aren't a total crab the rest of the day.
The rejects, I don't know how my mother in-law expected me to use these shirts that were filled with holes. I'm not a miracle worker...
The puckered spot below is a hole that has been closed up with safety pins so it was 'still good'.
More holes....I don't even think Goodwill would keep these shirts.
I hope everyone has a great day in their sewing/crafting world today.
I'm linking up again with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. Thanks Lee for hosting.

![]() |
| The dark purple and pink block that is under the 'Q' and 'f" is mine. |
Onto the WIP business. I haven't made a ton of progress since last week, but I did get all my blocks cut and 'stableized' for my memory quilts. I got lucky that Grandma-in-law had a knee replaced and while in rehab chose to wear scrub tops so I made as many blocks as I could from those nice sturdy non-knit fabrics that were in good shape. I'll show some rejects at the end of my post. I'm hoping I can made some headway on sewing them together today and get the tops at least done by Friday.
In order to do that, I am allowing the TV and Leapster to babysit my daughter while I sew. I don't always do this, but today I think she will have a blast. Tomorrow we will go and do something that possibly involves educational hands on learning or we will hit the 'tumble time' at the gymnastics place where they let the kids run, play and jump for an hour leaving them rendered starving so that 'mom' has to stop at the closest chosen fast food joint that the child chooses and let them eat junk before they are forced home and into their bed so they aren't a total crab the rest of the day.
The rejects, I don't know how my mother in-law expected me to use these shirts that were filled with holes. I'm not a miracle worker...
The puckered spot below is a hole that has been closed up with safety pins so it was 'still good'.
More holes....I don't even think Goodwill would keep these shirts.
I hope everyone has a great day in their sewing/crafting world today.
I'm linking up again with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. Thanks Lee for hosting.






I am never sure how any adult t-shirt makes it into a memory quilt. Ours always have to be thrown out when we are done with them.
ReplyDelete