Tuesday, November 8, 2011

All 'Tie'd up Tuesday

For anyone thinking this is some sort of kinky post, trust me, it isn't and you will be greatly disappointed.

A friend of mine commissioned me to make a neck tie for her son.   The Purl Bee Has a great tutorial and free pattern on how to make a childs tie.  I have tried the pattern from Ottobre design and it was horrible.  Maybe it was just me, but my finished tie didn't even fit a 2 year old and the pattern says for ages 4-7.   I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

I know I said A tie, but I had to make a practice one just so I knew if I like the pattern or not, so from the scrap bin came the red satin remnant.


Happy with how it came together in just a matter of less than an hour.  I ventured onto the 'real deal'.


This one turned out great except for the back end part and well it isn't so perfect, but it will be ok because no one will see it...well except all my bloggy readers and the person it is going to of course.



After watching countless you tube videos, I have learned that if I had to tie a tie to save my life, I would end up dead.   I guess I should practice some more.  I sure hope my friend knows how to tie one...

I can't wait to see pictures of the tie in action.    Happy sewing everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment