Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV
I have several family members who have served in the different branches of the armed services.  My dad served in the U.S. Navy during the Korean conflict.  One of my brother in law's and an Uncle served in Vietnam.  My Grandfather on dad's side served in WWII.  I have numerous cousins and friends who have also served.    I just want to send a huge heartfelt Thank You to each and every one of them living or deceased for their service. 

I do have a good excuse for getting today's post up late though, well I think it is a good excuse...The town where I live has a small quilt show going on this weekend, so I met up with a friend this morning and we dug through kiddy pools filled with fabric scraps stuffing quart sized zip-loc bags for $0.50 per bag.    Browsed through the local vendors, and looked at some quilts made by local folks.   

I took a few pictures of some of the quilts, there are some I didn't take a picture of that now I wish I had.  

I really liked loved this quilt.  It uses hexagons but not in a traditional way.  Oh, and see all the quilting?  it was hand quilted.  



Maybe one day I will have something I feel is worthy of hanging up at the quilt show.    Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment