Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday 11-9-2011

I'm linking up today's post with Lee over at Freshly Pieced.  If you are visiting from there, welcome!



Where do I begin....

Hexi's,  I only have 26 left to make!  Then I get the fun job of piecing them together.  I have learned that I can no longer sit and watch tv without having something in my hands.  When this project is done, I guess I'm really going to have to work on learning to knit and crochet, both something I want to learn to do.



 Who knew close to 1100 1" hexi's would fit in 4 little rubbermaid containers?

BOM

I only have the first one done.  The second one was posted here, while I was on vacation last month.   I haven't even read the post for it yet, so sad....maybe I will do block #2 today so I don't feel too behind.


Quilt Uber Fest

I have 5 of the 16 blocks done... need to get busy on those too,  If you want to do them, you can find the link to all the different blocks here.  I need to get busy...



Terrain quilt,  my blocks are still waiting to be pieced into a top...I did get some Terrain fat quarters while on vacation so I intend on adding them to my mix.  I want to use some as binding though so I'm not sure how much will get mixed in.

2 Memory T-shirt quilts, I currently have no desire to even continue this project, even though I have already cut into some of the clothes.   I must suck it up and get it done.  Me and my darn big ideas...

Dresden Plate (crib sized quilt) STILL needs quilted, but it isn't taking up much space all folded up.


And I SOOOO need to organize and clean my sewing area.




Hubby decided to get something out of the closet last night and well, he made a bigger mess of my mess.




So along with a lot of WIP's I have some cleaning and organizing to get done as well. I see another WIP hanging in the closet, see the white bag with the blue sticking out of the top? It is hanging up...Those are place mats I started in college (Christmas 1997) 14 years ago YIKES!

Okay, I better go get to work on something, looking at the time, it is going to be lunch for the 3 year old.

Happy Sewing Everyone.

20 comments:

  1. omgosh, so many hexes! love them, i have a much smaller pile forming haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is lot of Hexes! Love your sewing room - looks like mine - but I am afraid to show photo it! Maybe I should! Nice share for WIP! Following you now too! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your hexies! Also, love the Dresden plate - one of my possibly someday projects. Lastly - Terrain, I cannot wait to see your finished project, I have some Terrain Fabric but don't have plans for it yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness....LOVE the hexagons. SO MANY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Debbe, you have made some serious progress on your hexies! I know that feeling, like your hands need to be doing something. It's a pain when you don't have anything to do by hand, makes it hard to concentrate on what you're watching even!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that's a lot of hexies! Wow!! I can't wait to see what they turn into! I love what you're doing with your Terrain, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh! I love your terrain blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, 1100 Hexies? I am over-blown away! I think I made it through prepping like 12 5" ones and then I gave them away, you have fortitude! Did I mention that i am in awe?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lot of hexies! And I love those terrain blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of hexies.. and a big yes to crocheting!! Also best of luck getting organized again... makes a big difference for my sewing too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow that's a lot of hexies. It looks like you have a lot of fun projects in the que...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sure know all about hat needing to clean and organize my craft stuff.
    I've had to put a lot of it in the living room...things that I am working on. I had to give up my craft room for 3 of my granddaughters to have a bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some beautiful projects - and I know excately what you mean when you sau that you can't watch TV without doing something with your hands. I'm the same way :) My DH says I never watch TV... only listen to TV.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love finding other hexie makers. I am working on my 'ten year project'. 2000 hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's quite the list! Over 1,000 hexies though? Oh my...

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the dresden plate crib quilt - so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the hexies. I am working on a hexagon quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terrain is so pretty! And I'm just in love with the hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many projects! I'm way behind on the Quilt Uber-fest, too! Yours looks really good, though!

    And the Terrain collection really pops with the white background! (I have a whole bundle of half-yards of Terrain and am yet deciding what to do with it...)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, so many hexi's! So impressive! Have fun sewing them together, that is my favorite part! Thanks for showing us your sewing space, I love those type of photos! :)

    ReplyDelete