Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Some fun and easy summer sewing

Yesterday I fell in love...




While looking for something fast and easy to make for a secret birthday swap I wondered my way through blog land for some tutorials.   I came across 'From an Igloo' and 'Crap I've Made'  both blogs that I have looked at before, but never followed until now.

The little person who I got in the birthday swap will be turning 3 very soon, just like my daughter. So I wanted something cute and functional for summer. That is where Christine from over at 'From an Igloo' entered my life with the wonderful tutorial for the 'In the Garden, shirred twirly dress'.  she has many great variations for the straps.    I  choose the 'tie back' version where you guessed it, they tie in the back.


Front, please excuse my horrible ironing job.

Back

Shirring




Now, my little person also has a baby brother that will soon be joining the world this month.  I really hope her mom isn't secretly stalking my blog because, now she will know what will be arriving her her mailbox in just a few short days...So back to baby brother,  I had to send something for him too, just because I am me and I couldn't resist making something super cute to match sisters dress, because well mom loves to take pictures of her children.  This is where Char from 'Crap I've Made' enters my life with her pdf of the adorable little baby neck tie applique`.  My only problem with the applique` was my machine tried to eat the onesie, I think I managed to salvage it pretty good.


My hubby won't admit that this is cute.
All he says is 'Men can't say something is cute'.
Maybe he thinks I'm crazy...


Now aren't those cute?  I can't wait for some action shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment