Friday, June 17, 2011

I finished it Friday...

My goal yesterday was to finish up some unfinished projects.  

I managed to finish this skirt for me.



Made this dress from start to finish, it is a gift for tomorrow so I HAD to do it, again using the 'Shirred twirly dress' tutorial from, 'From and Igloo'



And remember this block that I had no clue about?  


With some help from someone on an online sewing  community that I participate with we discovered it was a Carpenters Wheel/Broken Star.   It is a variation of the LeMoyne Star block.


Well with a lot of headaches, I made it way harder than it should have been, it is finished and ready for someone else  my mother to applique  onto her sweatshirt like she dreamed up a few months/years ago.  I will let her pick out the puckers, it is her block...Now I can call her and tell her it is done, and since I don't know when I will be visiting her again, she lives over 2.5 hours away I think I will just drop it in the mail before it gets lost in a pile of fabric.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. These are great finishes! I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes....all those set-in seams! I remember my first time with those naughty things! I had one 12" block that took me TWELVE HOURS to piece because of all the set-in seams. NOT my cup of tea :0)

    The colors are fabulous...... and regarding the puckers? It is what it is :0)

    ReplyDelete