I'm linking up with W.i.P Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced this week, no it is nothing new if you a regular reader, but if you are visiting it is a great place to get inspiration or learn tips and tricks from other bloggers. There is also some beautiful work to be found as well.
Last October, when my husband and I were on vacation I came across a quilt at a shop in Las Vegas called 'Frosted Stars' I immediately fell in love with the design and the fabric used. Seriously who doesn't fall in love with cute little snowmen?
Well when I ordered fabric 10 months ago to make this quilt I thought to myself that I didn't have enough of the 'scrap yardage' to make it, so it has sat in the closet with the pattern for all this time. I decided on Monday that I was going to face the 'demon' and if nothing else make the pattern smaller so I could complete the quilt top. I really want to get this finished for the holiday season. As I was cutting my strips yesterday, I came to realize that I am short just a very small amount! I was really excited and pressed all the creases out of the fabric so I could see just what I was missing. I'm short some sashing and back ground fabric. I'm sure I can find something at the local quilt shop to fill my void or even order something from the Fat Quarter Shop and still get this finished for the holidays.
I can't wait to get this project done
I also have a few other 'sewing' projects on the list that are going to slow this quilt top down, but I know I can do it.
My daughter who is 4 picked up a roll of purple organza at the fabric store the other day I and instead of telling her no, I said 'mommy can make you a skirt'. What the heck was I thinking? I have never sewn organza before...so if you have any tips I would love to hear them. Since it is only 6" wide and 15 yards long, I am thinking a little tiered, ruffled, skirt for dress up/Halloween.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.
Debbe
My daughter who is 4 picked up a roll of purple organza at the fabric store the other day I and instead of telling her no, I said 'mommy can make you a skirt'. What the heck was I thinking? I have never sewn organza before...so if you have any tips I would love to hear them. Since it is only 6" wide and 15 yards long, I am thinking a little tiered, ruffled, skirt for dress up/Halloween.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.
Debbe



I can't wait to see your skirt!!! And the quilt too of course!
ReplyDelete