Tuesdays have become super busy in my house. I feel like I my feet hit the ground running and don't get a chance to rest until mid to late afternoon. This morning I opened the front door to take my son to the bus stop and immediately shut it turned around and went to the closet to grab some jackets. It was quite chilly out, and that always puts me in the mood for something that simmers all day in the crock pot.
One thing I don't think I make near enough (basically because I'm the only one in the house who eats them) is baked beans.
Baked Beans
3- 16 ounce cans baked beans, drained
1 medium onion chopped
1/4 cup molasses (can substitute corn syrup or kayro)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
6 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled (optional)
Place all ingredients in the Crock pot and mix thoroughly. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
One thing I don't think I make near enough (basically because I'm the only one in the house who eats them) is baked beans.
Baked Beans
3- 16 ounce cans baked beans, drained
1 medium onion chopped
1/4 cup molasses (can substitute corn syrup or kayro)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
6 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled (optional)
Place all ingredients in the Crock pot and mix thoroughly. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.

Mmmm! I love baked beans!
ReplyDelete