Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It is finished!



I started this little beauty last week.  I finished it up this afternoon while catching up on some soap operas, Deadliest catch, and Dr. Oz.   

I picked this pattern out of a McCall's quick quilts book that I purchased several years ago.  The pattern is called 'Simply Squares'  It is a very easy pattern and doesn't take much time at all to do.   


I did free motion quilting on this and I apologize I don't have a close up of the quiting, but it is far from perfect, I purchased some Sulky thread at a quilt shop to do my quilting and I will just say I was very disappointed with the thread.  It was very 'linty' and kept breaking once I hit the half way point.  

I'm trying to decide if I want to mail this or deliver it in person since I will be in the same town where it is going on Thursday night/Friday morning.     Thoughts?  

Well I am going to wish everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend as I will be doing some traveling the next few days going to some races, visiting friends, and attending a wedding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment