Saturday, May 21, 2011

My table has been overrun...

I've finally made it to the point of quilting my latest quilt.  I spent a few hours last night sandwiching it together and even did some quilting. But not before realizing I didn't have enough batting, so off to the fabric store I went.

When did the price of batting go up?  I remember the nice cotton batting being $9.99 a yard.  The last time I bought it I think the regular price was $11.99/yd, and last night it was $13.99/yd.  Sheesh I spent more for batting even with the 40% off coupon than I did for all the fabric in the quilt, just saying...


 The top all finished



I found some cute labels, well  a panel of labels at a
shop that was going out of business near me.



The backing all pieced together.  This is the first time I have ever pieced backing.  I have some lessons to learn...On the plus side, I don't have many scraps left from this project going in a pile somewhere.

I really hope I'm not too tired tonight to get some quilting in.   We spent most of yesterday at the track watching practice.   Today, hubby is there watching qualifying, I have a bridal shower to go to,  and the kids are stuck with me.   I might take them to 'safety day' a the Sheriff's department on my way to the shower if I can get everyone around rather quickly here.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday.

This was completely full at one point,  everyone moved to the other side of the track to be in the shade.



My son's flags.  I thought they looked pretty laying in a heap on the bleachers.

Danica Patrick's car, I'm not a huge fan of hers but I could't get a good shot of cars at speed with my phone.

Randomness. It was a perfect day out.  



My rotten girl, normally I don't give them soda, but they had been good and it was caffeine free.

Next week is super busy for us and some travelling, but I will get the finished quilt up asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment