Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WIP Wednesday

If you are visiting from WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced or from A lovely year of finishes, welcome.

I'm making some good progress on my daughters quilt and am fully confident that I will get it finished by the end of the month.

I've ripped out all the puckers.


and pinned...



and finished the quilting up...



Melissa, from Sew Bittersweet Designs, talked me into using coordinating threads on a white backing for my quilting.   I think it looks amazing!  Thanks Melissa!


Here is a close up of some of  the quilting on the back.




 And I have trimmed up all the edges so it is ready to be bound!







I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday over at freshly pieced.  I encourage you  all to go and take a look over there.  I promise you won't be disappointed, and I take no responsibility for the list of 999 projects that you will want to make.


Have a great day my friends.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! Can't wait to see it all bound up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is turning out great. And you are right about the dangers of the linky party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is looking awesome!!! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning. It is so bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty quilt. :) That's a lot of quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you got it all ripped and redone. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how bright and cheery the fabrics are! The coordinating thread you used on the back looks sweet too :) Bet your daughter is on pins and needles waiting for this.

    ReplyDelete