Today is my last day kid free. I have to go pick them up in the morning. Yesterday got busy and I didn't get any sewing done, but as you know from yesterdays post, I did get some pretty fabric for the quilt along.
Now I normally don't take pictures in the bathroom, but I about fell over laughing when I saw the table set up in the bathroom with 3 chairs next to the commode.
If you ever are visiting near Bloomington, Indiana this is a must go to place. The food was great and the prices weren't bad.
My goal for today is to get my skirt made from this butterfly print knit.
I'm also participating in a quilted tote bag swap, so I can't show you a whole lot here in case my swap partner is stalking my blog, but here is a peek at the fabrics I have chose for her.
I thought last night I would get some sewing done, but nope hubby decided that we would go out for dinner since we didn't have the kids. It was really nice and relaxing to be out and not have their constant chatter. We tried a new place that we had never gone to before that is over by the lake, it is called "Scenic View"
Now I normally don't take pictures in the bathroom, but I about fell over laughing when I saw the table set up in the bathroom with 3 chairs next to the commode.
If you ever are visiting near Bloomington, Indiana this is a must go to place. The food was great and the prices weren't bad.
After that we went on down to the lake. It was getting close to sunset and we just love the view and the peacefulness of it all.
After the lake we went to the Hickory Ridge Lookout/Fire Tower located in the Hoosier National Forest.
Stats on the tower.
The Hickory Ridge Lookout Tower is 110 feet tall, made of steel, with a 7 foot square cab and 123 metal steps. If you climb it, you get an amazing view of the Charles C. Deam Wilderness and can see all the way to Lake Monroe and approximately 20 miles in any direction. Most of the view is wooded forestland and the scene is beautiful.
That isn't smoke in the valley, it is fog rising up from the lake
The view from 110 feet up, that is a long ways down.
I hope everyone has a great day. I hope to have some finishes for you later this week.









Date night! I am so jealous! Looks like you guys had a really nice evening, I'm glad you had some childfree time together :) Can't wait to see your quilt and I love the fabrics you picked out for your swap partner!
ReplyDeleteOh to have child-free time :) Great pics!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your date night was great! That butterfly knit print is so pretty! Thank you for linking up to WIP Wednesday!
ReplyDelete