Hey happy Tuesday everyone! I can't believe I've made it to my 200th blog post. So, today I'm going to share one of my favorite go to recipes for potluck meals. I have always brought home an empty plate, so I think people enjoy it. It takes some time but since it has to be refrigerated, it is great to make a day or two before.
Cheesecake
Preheat oven to 325 (this is the temp for the crust and cheesecake both)
Crust: 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp (tablespoon) sugar
3 tbsp melted butter
Mix crust ingredients together and press into a spring form pan. Bake for 10-12 min.
Filling
2 8 oz. pkgs cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 eggs
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 tsp (teaspoons) vanilla
In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer. Then add remaining ingredients one at a time mixing well after each addition. Go slowly when adding the evap. milk to avoid splashing.
Pour filling into slightly cooled crust and bake for 40 min or until set. Once the cheesecake is set turn off the oven and leave to cool for about 1 hour.
Once completely cool, refrigerate and add desired toppings.
I like to cut my cheesecake before adding any toppings. I can see where I'm cutting and then if I mess up, it can be hidden by the topping :o). Canned pie fillings make for a quick topping. I usually use cherry and it goes over well. I have also use caramel and chocolate syrups, with some pecans for a turtle cheesecake.
I mentioned a giveaway, didn't I...Well here it is!
Now I'm in the mood to celebrate my 200th blog post so I have dug into my stash and found this cute little fat quarter.
One of my lucky followers will win this.
There are 3 requirements:
1. You must be a follower, if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me a way to contact you.
2. Leave a comment telling me what kind of recipes you would like to see more of, Desserts, main dishes, appetizers, etc.
3. One entry per follower, duplicates will not be included in the drawing.
Entry's must be received by Midnight EST on Thursday, August 26th, 2012.
I will draw a random winner Friday, August 27, 2012. This giveaway is open to all, I am willing to ship internationally.
Good Luck!
![]() |
| I have horrible lighting in my kitchen paired with a cell phone picture. I promise it isn't really cheddar cheese yellow. |
Cheesecake
Preheat oven to 325 (this is the temp for the crust and cheesecake both)
Crust: 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp (tablespoon) sugar
3 tbsp melted butter
Mix crust ingredients together and press into a spring form pan. Bake for 10-12 min.
Filling
2 8 oz. pkgs cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 eggs
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 tsp (teaspoons) vanilla
In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer. Then add remaining ingredients one at a time mixing well after each addition. Go slowly when adding the evap. milk to avoid splashing.
Pour filling into slightly cooled crust and bake for 40 min or until set. Once the cheesecake is set turn off the oven and leave to cool for about 1 hour.
Once completely cool, refrigerate and add desired toppings.
I like to cut my cheesecake before adding any toppings. I can see where I'm cutting and then if I mess up, it can be hidden by the topping :o). Canned pie fillings make for a quick topping. I usually use cherry and it goes over well. I have also use caramel and chocolate syrups, with some pecans for a turtle cheesecake.
I mentioned a giveaway, didn't I...Well here it is!
Now I'm in the mood to celebrate my 200th blog post so I have dug into my stash and found this cute little fat quarter.
One of my lucky followers will win this.
There are 3 requirements:
1. You must be a follower, if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me a way to contact you.
2. Leave a comment telling me what kind of recipes you would like to see more of, Desserts, main dishes, appetizers, etc.
3. One entry per follower, duplicates will not be included in the drawing.
Entry's must be received by Midnight EST on Thursday, August 26th, 2012.
I will draw a random winner Friday, August 27, 2012. This giveaway is open to all, I am willing to ship internationally.
Good Luck!



I would love to see more side dishes please! I love that fabric!!!! Congratulations on 200 posts :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your milestone! I'm following, and you can never have too many desserts! :D
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on 200 posts!
ReplyDeleteI would love to see more main dish recipes.
i am a follower
ReplyDeletei love all deserts thanks for the giveaway
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 200 posts-- I need to get busy-- I've got a long way to go to get near that! ;-) I'd like to see more main dishes. I have a stash of recipes that I have saved from magazines, etc, over the year, and it's pretty evident that I have a very powerful sweet tooth-- most of the recipes are for desserts! LOL But, I need some new "go to" dishes for supper.. Thank you for the giveaway! The fat quarter is really cute!! :-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on reaching 200 posts! Yes I follow you, since ? when?? I just love recipes! more involving fruit, perhaps? would be great. Somehow it is the sesserts that get me going. I suppose I am displaying unwarranted normality in that!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, keep them coming!please.
Fabulous find with that fabric.... I love desserts of all kinds so more desserts please....thanks for the chance at this
ReplyDeleteLove to see dessert recipes! While I don't need them, I do love desserts! Love that fabric! Thamks for a chance to win!
ReplyDeleteSteph