Welcome to Test Kitchen Tuesday.
Since yesterday was my baby's birthday, I made her a rainbow cake.
To make the rainbow cake I used my spring form pan, you can do cup cakes, a bundt cake, or layers.
I used 1 white cake mix made to package directions, then divided up my batter, added food coloring and made my layers in my pan. You have to be careful when spreading your layers so you don't swirl them and get gross looking colors.
I also made the birthday girl a shirt with her age on it. She absolutely LOVED it and well those flip flops too.
And finally my MESS, Amy at Amy's Creative side wanted to see some messy sewing areas I think so she didn't feel so bad about hers. This is the majority of my mess. I hope to get it mostly under control today. Usually I get inspired by something mid clean-up and the getting it under control never happens. But first I must reclaim my kitchen after yesterdays baking extravaganza.






LOL! I like how you labeled it! You are much smarter than I am!
ReplyDeleteWhat a *perfect* cake for a 4 year old! I love to see that real people still making birthday cakes and aren't using bakeries! Greatt memories!
Awesome photo, with the labels! LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm in the same boat with you....I start with great intentions but I'll see something while I am cleaning and I'm off again, creating! :)
Love the birthday cake and the shirt - good times!
The cake looks so great! I have to know...what is the racing wheel for?!? I also love the label "hubby's junk"! Happy birthday again to L!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your girl! We've made rainbow cakes before in a bundt pan, and if you are lucky the colors swirl - so fun to be surprised when you cut into the cake!
ReplyDeleteYour mess feels really familiar to me :) I hope you didn't get too distracted this time!