Since strawberries are in season I thought I would post another tasty recipe that you can use strawberries in.
A long time ago I came across a recipe on Pinterest where you use a can of fruit or pie filling and mix with and angel food cake mix and bake. I finally gave it a try a couple of weeks ago. It was AMAZING!!! Of course me being me, I didn't follow the instructions. The only link I could find to the recipe was on Jo and Sue's blog so I'm giving them credit.
I am going to write the recipe as I prepared it.
Angel Food Dessert
20 ounces crushed strawberries w/juice, 2 Tablespoons sugar
1 angel food cake mix
In a large mixing bowl combine your fruit and cake mix.
Mix well, it will get very fluffy in your bowl.
Spread cake batter into an ungreased 9"x13" baking dish (if you mess up and grease your dish it will be ok mine turned out just fine when I did it :) )
Bake at 350F for 20-30 min. or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Mine took all of the 30 min maybe more.
I don't know why, but I didn't take a picture of the finished cake. It will sink in the middle as it cools, don't worry that is normal and it still tastes amazing.
You can use any kind of canned fruit you like just make sure you use the liquid with it too. I can't wait to try it with cherries. YUM!
A long time ago I came across a recipe on Pinterest where you use a can of fruit or pie filling and mix with and angel food cake mix and bake. I finally gave it a try a couple of weeks ago. It was AMAZING!!! Of course me being me, I didn't follow the instructions. The only link I could find to the recipe was on Jo and Sue's blog so I'm giving them credit.
I am going to write the recipe as I prepared it.
Angel Food Dessert
20 ounces crushed strawberries w/juice, 2 Tablespoons sugar
1 angel food cake mix
In a large mixing bowl combine your fruit and cake mix.
Mix well, it will get very fluffy in your bowl.
Spread cake batter into an ungreased 9"x13" baking dish (if you mess up and grease your dish it will be ok mine turned out just fine when I did it :) )
![]() |
| before baking |
Bake at 350F for 20-30 min. or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Mine took all of the 30 min maybe more.
I don't know why, but I didn't take a picture of the finished cake. It will sink in the middle as it cools, don't worry that is normal and it still tastes amazing.
You can use any kind of canned fruit you like just make sure you use the liquid with it too. I can't wait to try it with cherries. YUM!


Thanks for the link to us. I think my favorite is with blueberry pie filling! Have a great day :)
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy! I bought a half flat of strawberries this weekend and we ended up eating them before I could cook with them!
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy! That's the first thing I thought of when I read this... Mmmm, cherries.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this.