I had some stew meat in the freezer that I needed to use up before it became freezer burnt, and when it is hot out I sure don't want a hot bowl of stew or soup.
I wanted beef stroganoff, but I'm married to Mr. Picky and he won't eat anything with cream cheese, sour cream, or mushrooms in. I've tried to sneak them in, he can taste them, so I made my own concoction.
Poor-man's beef and noodles.
2 Pounds sew meat (it comes all cut up so bonus)
1 package of beefy onion soup
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons all purpose flour
noodles of your choice cooked to your preference or package directions.
In your crock pot combine the first 3 ingredients and let cook on high for 6-8 hours low 10-12. The meat will melt in your mouth.
If you want to only make half of the recipe you can measure out 2 Tablespoons of the onion soup and mix with 1 pound of meat. Keep the amount of water the same.
You can serve the meat over your noodles or you can dump your cooked noodles into the crock pot and mix them up.
I wanted beef stroganoff, but I'm married to Mr. Picky and he won't eat anything with cream cheese, sour cream, or mushrooms in. I've tried to sneak them in, he can taste them, so I made my own concoction.
Poor-man's beef and noodles.
2 Pounds sew meat (it comes all cut up so bonus)
1 package of beefy onion soup
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons all purpose flour
noodles of your choice cooked to your preference or package directions.
In your crock pot combine the first 3 ingredients and let cook on high for 6-8 hours low 10-12. The meat will melt in your mouth.
If you want to only make half of the recipe you can measure out 2 Tablespoons of the onion soup and mix with 1 pound of meat. Keep the amount of water the same.
You can serve the meat over your noodles or you can dump your cooked noodles into the crock pot and mix them up.



No comments:
Post a Comment