Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday randomness

There hasn't been much sewing going on this week.  We have had some great weather and I have been doing a lot of running errands.  Ok, those were my excuse to get out of the house for several hours at a time.

Today little miss and I are heading to one of the local quilt shops that will be shutting their 'brick and mortar' doors forever, in hopes of getting some good deals.  If nothing else, I am on a mission to get a few 'matching' pieces for a doll quilt swap that I signed up for.  I pulled out a quilt kit that I have the other day and the colors just didn't go together in my eyes.


The top fabric has some sort of metallic gold spray paint look on it and the bottom piece hurts my eyes and just doesn't go at all, but I'm going to make it up with the kit instructions and give it a chance.

After the shopping, I'm taking the girl to the Strawberry festival on the square since she and I share a love for strawberries, we should have a good time and a tasty treat.

I hope everyone is having a great week.   I need to get the binding on my my mini pineapple quilt and take some pictures and then I will share it you all.  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! I can't wait to see how you sew those fabrics together :) I sewed today for the first time in 2 whole weeks!

    ReplyDelete