Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WIP Wednesday





If your visiting from Lee's WIP Wednesday, welcome and thanks for stopping by.

I signed up for a doll quilt swap a few weeks ago and have almost completed the top for the swap.  As long as I don't have any major hiccups when it comes to quilting I think I should finish it up this week.

not so pretty fabric combo...
doesn't look half bad in little bits.
I need to add the borders on the doll quilt to finish the top.  It is only the size of a fat quarter so quilting shouldn't take too long.

Then there is the mini-pineapple quilt that I am giving to my mom.  I still need to find some more of the yellow in my scrap bin, I know I have some, so I can finish the binding. This will be less than 8" square when finished.


Finally, since yesterday was my son's birthday, I thought I would share a picture of his cake that I made him.  No, it isn't perfect, but a 6 year old doesn't notice the imperfections because they are only interested in getting the sugar rush.  I'm not a professional so if I can save $20, I will.



I hope everyone has a great day!

Debbe

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy I hope we are in the same doll quilt swap.....nice work :0). the pineapple quilt is in my favorite colors, I hope your Mom loves it.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice doll quilt. I like the colors.Your pineapple blocks are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am always in awe of people who do miniature piecing and that pineapple quilt is no exception! Also, I LOVE that cake decoration - glad you included the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to be a professional when making something for the kiddos! They love it because you made it specially for them :) Your doll quilt is pretty,and your mom's little mini is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! I still can't get over how awesome that cake looks :)

    ReplyDelete