I attempted to make my own marinade for steak yesterday. Now, while it wasn't completely a flop, I personally didn't care for it, but hubby really liked it. What I did like about it was that the steak was unbelievably tender.
Steak Marinade
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
3/4 cup or one individual sized bottle of white wine. Choose a wine that you enjoy drinking.
Combine all the ingredients into a gallon sized zip top bag and squeeze around from the outside to mix it well. Then add your steak of choice, we had sirloin last night.
Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Mine were in the fridge for about 6 hours yesterday.
Cook steak on the grill until desired done-ness.
Now, I said I didn't particularly care for this, what I didn't like was the wine taste in my food. It is a personal preference. It seemed a little strong to me. It could have possibly been the wine I chose which isn't one I normally like but hubby does, you saw he liked it.
I will give this another go some day and use a different wine. I'm not crossing it off my list completely.
On the sewing front, I didn't get anything done. I've gotten sucked into reading a book which is rare for me, so besides reading and playing with my daughter that was my day.
I hope everyone is having a great week.
Debbe
Steak Marinade
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
3/4 cup or one individual sized bottle of white wine. Choose a wine that you enjoy drinking.
Combine all the ingredients into a gallon sized zip top bag and squeeze around from the outside to mix it well. Then add your steak of choice, we had sirloin last night.
Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Mine were in the fridge for about 6 hours yesterday.
Cook steak on the grill until desired done-ness.
Now, I said I didn't particularly care for this, what I didn't like was the wine taste in my food. It is a personal preference. It seemed a little strong to me. It could have possibly been the wine I chose which isn't one I normally like but hubby does, you saw he liked it.
I will give this another go some day and use a different wine. I'm not crossing it off my list completely.
On the sewing front, I didn't get anything done. I've gotten sucked into reading a book which is rare for me, so besides reading and playing with my daughter that was my day.
I hope everyone is having a great week.
Debbe

This sounds like something my hubs would enjoy, and I won't be able to try it until he gets home - he does all the grilling (I don't even know how to turn the BBQ on!). Aren't you even going to tell us what you are reading?!?
ReplyDelete