Six years ago today our my life changed forever as we welcomed our son into the world.
I'm not sure where time has gone?
So in honor of his birthday, I'm going to share one of his favorite dishes. Biscuits and Sausage Gravy.
I've never mastered the art of homemade biscuits, so I buy a can of buttermilk biscuits at the store. I like Pillsbury Grands, but you can get whatever you like and cook according to package directions.
Sausage Gravy
1 pound ground sausage
1/4-1/3 cup all purpose flour
Milk I add about 1 cup per person.
Brown your sausage in a large skillet. Then add the flour to your sausage and allow to cook for about 3-4 minutes so your gravy doesn't taste like flour.
Add your milk and bring to a boil stirring constantly then reduce your heat to medium high and continue stirring until the gravy becomes thick. This can take a while so be patient and be careful to not scald/burn your mixture. If your heat is too high it will happen very quickly.
Refrigerate any leftover gravy. To reheat, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk cover and put it in the microwave for 30 increments until desired warmth.



My husband would LOVE this recipe! I am going to have to save it for when he comes home!!! Happy birthday to your little one :)
ReplyDelete