This week got away from me again and I didn't get a whole lot of sewing done. I did buy some fabric at one of the chain fabric stores to make a bow tie for a little guy. I'm still waiting on his mom to get me his neck measurement so I can finish it up. I'll post pictures of it next week. Yesterday, the girl and I met up with one of my friends and we went to the Indiana Heritage Quilt Show. It was nice, several vendors and lots of beautiful quilts. I will share a few with you later in this post, but first, I do have a small finish to share. My little devil sweet angel, saw a pillow case kit at the quilt show yesterday and looked at me with her big blue eyes and told me it was pretty and asked if I would get it for her, she even said please. How could I say no when she asked so nicely? She even gave up going to the local children's museum so that we could come home and I sew it up for her.
Here she is standing proud with her new pillow case. Sh is such a girly girl, but won't play with dolls. I'm not sure where she gets that from.
Close up of the fabrics.
This was a small (18"x18" maybe) hand appliqued piece
The next few were hanging from the ceiling.
This one reminds me of a tile mosaic. The small squares were about 1' finished.
This one was a real eye catcher.
Close up of the machine quilting on the above quilt.
I found this 'scene quilt' stunning. It truly looked like a painting,
This quilt was completely hand appliqued and hand quilted. There is a close up of the quilting below.
This was one of my favorites.
I thought this one was pretty cool. I haven't quite figured it out yet.
Awesome spiral quilt using a 10-degree ruler.
This one looks like you are looking down a long corridor or something.
This quilt was just beautiful. The back was is just brilliant, you will see in the next picture.
Here she is standing proud with her new pillow case. Sh is such a girly girl, but won't play with dolls. I'm not sure where she gets that from.
Close up of the fabrics.
The friend that I went with also made me a super cool body bag er I mean, rather large, shopping bag.
![]() |
| I wasn't kidding about the body bag, it holds one 3 1/2 year old with room to spare. |
I didn't buy a whole lot at the quilt show. I came home with some ground walnut shells for pin cushion filling, a 10 degree ruler (the big one) and the pillow case kit. Hubby should be too mad at me. I spent less than $50 and that included the admission fee to get into the show. Now I promised you some quilt pictures. So here you go! (sorry for the cell phone pictures)
I love the contrast in this one.
This was a small (18"x18" maybe) hand appliqued piece
The next few were hanging from the ceiling.
This one reminds me of a tile mosaic. The small squares were about 1' finished.
This one was a real eye catcher.
This was an 'A-Z I spy' type busy quilt. The shoes actually have grommets in them and have actual laces. The bill of the hat is 'floppy'. The stocking was a 'pocket'. Such a fun quilt for a child.
Close up of the machine quilting on the above quilt.
I found this 'scene quilt' stunning. It truly looked like a painting,
This quilt was completely hand appliqued and hand quilted. There is a close up of the quilting below.
![]() |
| Holy tiny stitches Batman |
This was one of my favorites.
I thought this one was pretty cool. I haven't quite figured it out yet.
Awesome spiral quilt using a 10-degree ruler.
This one looks like you are looking down a long corridor or something.
This quilt was just beautiful. The back was is just brilliant, you will see in the next picture.
There were so many beautiful quilts, I'd love to go back again to day an look some more (minus the kid) but that isn't happening. I have one last picture to show, it is a kit that one of the vendors was selling, I'm sharing because I got in trouble for taking the picture. I got the 'no pictures unless you are buying it' comment from the vendor lady. I might have bought it if it wasn't $24.
Have a great weekend everyone.





























Oh my gosh, STUNNING! And I love your body bag! That is awesome and what every quilter needs at a quilting show to put your goodies in! Looks like so much fun :)
ReplyDeleteGreat bag! However, I fear that if you fill it you might injure yourself trying to lift it. lol
ReplyDeleteLove the bright colored fishies. The quilt hanging over the fence is actually a picture of the 3 Sisters Mountains in Oregon. A little trivia for you. :)