Welcome to my 'test kitchen'. I really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. Before I get to today's recipe I want to thank everyone who voted for my quilt over the weekend. I didn't win, not even close, but that is ok, there was some tough competition.
Now, on to the food :o)!
Today, I'm sharing a recipe that I pulled from the internet in 2009. The site I got it from was recipezaar.com, I believe they have changed the name to food.com now but it is the same site. Laurie, had submitted a recipe for Kit Kat Bars (#54267 this is the recipe# from the site).
Note, I apologize now to anyone who has nut or chocolate allergies, or might be on a low fat diet.
Kit kat bars
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
waverly crackers (I like to use the club 'butter' crackers)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2cup butterscotch chips
2/3 cup peanut butter
Directions
1. Mix crumbs, margarine, sugars and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 min, stirring constantly.
2. Place 1 layer of crackers in 9x13" pan.
3. Pour 1/2 of the boiled mixture over the crackers.
4. Top with another layer of crackers.
5. Pour the remaining mixture over the crackers.
6. Cover with final layer of crackers.
7. Melt chips with peanut butter in small sauce pan over low heat or in a double boiler.
8. Spread chocolate mixture over the top of crackers.
9. Cool and cut into bars and enjoy. Warning these are very addicting...
Have a great day everyone!
Now, on to the food :o)!
Today, I'm sharing a recipe that I pulled from the internet in 2009. The site I got it from was recipezaar.com, I believe they have changed the name to food.com now but it is the same site. Laurie, had submitted a recipe for Kit Kat Bars (#54267 this is the recipe# from the site).
| Image from google/ifood.tv |
Kit kat bars
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
waverly crackers (I like to use the club 'butter' crackers)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2cup butterscotch chips
2/3 cup peanut butter
Directions
1. Mix crumbs, margarine, sugars and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 min, stirring constantly.
2. Place 1 layer of crackers in 9x13" pan.
3. Pour 1/2 of the boiled mixture over the crackers.
4. Top with another layer of crackers.
5. Pour the remaining mixture over the crackers.
6. Cover with final layer of crackers.
7. Melt chips with peanut butter in small sauce pan over low heat or in a double boiler.
8. Spread chocolate mixture over the top of crackers.
9. Cool and cut into bars and enjoy. Warning these are very addicting...
Have a great day everyone!

I will have to enjoy this one vicariously! It looks YUMMY thought!
ReplyDelete