I finally finished up my Dresden plate quilt this week. I can't believe that it was a WIP for over a year, well maybe I can believe it I've had a love hate relationship with it for a while. The weather here hasn't been cooperative so here are the best pictures that I have.
Some stippling around the plates.
My first time drawing a patter on and attempting to stitch on the line, not too bad for a first time.
I love how the back looks.
Sideways full shot, but you can't really see the quilting. The outside boarders I ended up doing a random free motion. and I did nothing to the dark purple boarders.
And because I had 1 Dresden plate that was quite a bit smaller than the rest, I made it into a small pillow cover.
Other randome things I have made this week include...
A baby bow tie.
A little muslin under skirt.
Last but not least, I still need to quilt this but I have the top and back done.
And on that note I think I will spend the weekend relaxing or conjuring up my next project.
Some stippling around the plates.
My first time drawing a patter on and attempting to stitch on the line, not too bad for a first time.
I love how the back looks.
Sideways full shot, but you can't really see the quilting. The outside boarders I ended up doing a random free motion. and I did nothing to the dark purple boarders.
And because I had 1 Dresden plate that was quite a bit smaller than the rest, I made it into a small pillow cover.
Other randome things I have made this week include...
A baby bow tie.
A little muslin under skirt.
Last but not least, I still need to quilt this but I have the top and back done.
And on that note I think I will spend the weekend relaxing or conjuring up my next project.






Love the dresden quilt! I just made my first partial dresden block for the other day. It was fun,and I want to make some more in the future :)
ReplyDeleteThat bow tie is adorable,and the last quilt is cute too!
Have a great weekend ;)
You had a very busy week! I absolutely love the quilting on your dresden plate quilt. The back looks especially stunning!
ReplyDeleteWonderful job on the Dresden Plate quilt! It looks great. Lots of other projects too. You have been busy:)
ReplyDeleteSo many cute finished projects! Love your stitching. I'm still sticking to straight lines after two quilts. :)
ReplyDeleteIt turned out really nice. I laughed when I read that you had a love-hate relationship with your quilt. I can really relate to that sometimes.
ReplyDeleteHappy St. Patrick's Day. Peggy