I have to apologize because I don't have any pictures to share with you this week.
This week I am sharing my mom's applesauce cookie recipe with you.
Mom's Applesauce Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 c. shortening
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg beaten
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 c. raisins (optional)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. applesauce
Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg and applesauce. Mix in dry ingredients, raisins and walnuts. Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet (I love to use parchment paper). Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.
These are a very soft cookie, put a layer of wax paper between layers of cookies when you store them. They freeze well, if they last that long...
Have a great day everyone. I have a dentist appointment for a crown this morning so I probably won't get much of anything done today.
This week I am sharing my mom's applesauce cookie recipe with you.
Mom's Applesauce Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 c. shortening
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg beaten
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 c. raisins (optional)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. applesauce
Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg and applesauce. Mix in dry ingredients, raisins and walnuts. Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet (I love to use parchment paper). Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.
These are a very soft cookie, put a layer of wax paper between layers of cookies when you store them. They freeze well, if they last that long...
Have a great day everyone. I have a dentist appointment for a crown this morning so I probably won't get much of anything done today.

They sound yummy, do you think that they would taste good without the walnuts? With our food allergies I can't make them without eliminating the walnuts :)
ReplyDelete