Welcome to a new week. I'm certainly hoping this week goes a little bit better . I'm sure most parents would agree, that they don't want a call from their child's school that their kid is in the principals office for doing something they know they shouldn't have done in the first place.
Friday night was a little exciting at our house. We had a storm blow up right over our house that had some 'rotation' in the clouds, and well you all know what that means, the tornado sirens go off, hail falls, kids get worked up, and well for me I saw my first funnel cloud with my own eyes. Thankfully it broke apart and never touched down but I did get some not so great pictures of it, but I do have a good picture of the 'wall cloud'
 |
| through the trees a funnel cloud (yes there is a leafless tree in front of it) |
 |
| awesome wall cloud |
 |
| funnels trying to form |
 |
| more funnels trying to form |
 |
| hail |
 |
| hail |
 |
| Ice for your drink anyone? |
 |
| rainbow through the trees |
 |
| sun after the storm |
I did get the quilting done on my Terrain quilt, the binding just needs to be sewn down to finish it off. I might get to that later today, but first I have some cleaning to get done and spots to clean on the carpet.
I did mention a giveaway, well there are 2 that you can sign up for. The first one is by my friend Melissa over at
Sew BitterSweet Designs and the second one is by Kira, over at
It's Sew Kiki. They are both having a Fat Quarter Shop sponsored giveaway.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I hope you come back tomorrow for 'Test Kitchen Tuesday' where I will share a tried and true recipe with you.
Debbe
Wow! That is a whole lot of ice!
ReplyDeleteWowee! that storm cloud looked very scary. Glad for you that it did not form into a tornado.
ReplyDeleteYIKES!!!
ReplyDelete