My Terrain quilt is finished! I'm happy to have it done. The bright colors just remind me of spring and I think it will get a lot of use.
I used one Terrain Charm pack parts of 3 fat quarters and some scraps of white and a whole lot of Kona snow to complete the top and back. The binding was a fat quarter and some scraps of the Kona snow that I had laying around.
For the quilting I did a meandering free motion design and use some Aurifil thread. It was amazing in my machine. I had no tension issues and there are no stitches on the back that are 'pulling' like I get when I use thread that I pick up at Jo-anns.
I did not quilt through the 'butterflies', and after washing it, I'm glad I did not. I absolutely love how it looks.
I have lots of laundry to put away today, but if I get time I plan on starting on some summer dresses for my daughter and I need to whip up another baby quilt. The little guy was born over the weekend so I need to get myself in gear. Have a great day.
Debbe
I used one Terrain Charm pack parts of 3 fat quarters and some scraps of white and a whole lot of Kona snow to complete the top and back. The binding was a fat quarter and some scraps of the Kona snow that I had laying around.
For the quilting I did a meandering free motion design and use some Aurifil thread. It was amazing in my machine. I had no tension issues and there are no stitches on the back that are 'pulling' like I get when I use thread that I pick up at Jo-anns.
I did not quilt through the 'butterflies', and after washing it, I'm glad I did not. I absolutely love how it looks.
I have lots of laundry to put away today, but if I get time I plan on starting on some summer dresses for my daughter and I need to whip up another baby quilt. The little guy was born over the weekend so I need to get myself in gear. Have a great day.
Debbe

Oh that turned out just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat turned oout so pretty! Perfect for this time of year!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great:)
ReplyDeleteDebbe it is stunning! Congratulations on such a beautiful finish! I am glad you are keeping it for yourself :)
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous ! beautiful work !
ReplyDelete