I did get the borders on my mini quilt yesterday and am going to quilt it here in a bit. So far it looks like this...
I wish the pieces of the darker red/coral print were much larger. They are beautiful butterflies.
Not the greatest of pictures, but you can see why I didn't want to cut them up.
I did sew a few hexi's together the past couple of weeks. Mostly while in the car travelling for Thanksgiving.
I am loving this project, it is a lot of fun and the kids enjoy giving me the next piece or flower to attach.
Even though, I think the 2.5" of snow that fell on Tuesday slowed me down or maybe it is the first of the bone chilling cold winter days. This morning it was a toasty 22 F (-6C for those of you outside of the U.S.) while I was standing at the bus stop with my son. I'm ok with the cold though, it is the days that are really humid and in the mid 90's that I hate.
Happy Sewing everyone come back tomorrow for 'What I finished Friday'.



Your mini quilt looks good with the borders and the hexies are coming along nicely!
ReplyDeleteI like your borders on the mini. And I LOVE the scrappy hexies! What are they going to eventually be?
ReplyDeleteReally awesome! I don't think I have the patience for making a hexi quilt. But I do love the look :) It's looking great so far!!!
ReplyDelete