Today's post is late because I have been frantically sewing on binding so that I would have a finish of some sort to post.
I have 'Occupied my sewing room' a lot this week. Tuesday I spend the better part of the day, quilting on of the memory quilts and Thursday I cranked out the quilting on the other memory quilt and making my binding. So coming into today I had both memory quilts quilted, trimmed and ready to bind.
I chose to sew my binding completely by machine. This is the first time I have done that on a project of this size. I have done a couple of mug rugs this way but it wasn't perfect, but I decided for times sake I was going to do this by machine 100% Quilt #1 didn't turn out too bad, not perfect, but not so bad that I felt the need to rip it out. Quilt #2 came out great too. I guess it is just like everything else, practice, practice, practice, and it will look great. I still enjoy hand sewing though, but I was getting tired of these quilts staring at me with every blog I read and saw cute things that I wanted to make on. Now I'm 2 steps closer to being able to make cute things and maybe even get my Terrain quilt out to work on some before Christmas.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
I have 'Occupied my sewing room' a lot this week. Tuesday I spend the better part of the day, quilting on of the memory quilts and Thursday I cranked out the quilting on the other memory quilt and making my binding. So coming into today I had both memory quilts quilted, trimmed and ready to bind.
I chose to sew my binding completely by machine. This is the first time I have done that on a project of this size. I have done a couple of mug rugs this way but it wasn't perfect, but I decided for times sake I was going to do this by machine 100% Quilt #1 didn't turn out too bad, not perfect, but not so bad that I felt the need to rip it out. Quilt #2 came out great too. I guess it is just like everything else, practice, practice, practice, and it will look great. I still enjoy hand sewing though, but I was getting tired of these quilts staring at me with every blog I read and saw cute things that I wanted to make on. Now I'm 2 steps closer to being able to make cute things and maybe even get my Terrain quilt out to work on some before Christmas.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Yay, doesn't it feel great to have these done? Woo too! Great job, Debbe!
ReplyDeleteThose look fantastic! Congrats :) I can't wait to see what you do next!
ReplyDeleteThose are really cute!
ReplyDeletewell done you, it is looking good!
ReplyDeleteThose are super cute quilts! Someone(s) are going to be very happy -- and warm!!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous work! Thanks for joining in!
ReplyDeleteI agree, doesn't it feel great to get things done! Good job on the machine Binding! I just recently started doing that and I am super-pleased with the effect.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDeleteThey are so sweet! Somebody is going to love their new quilts! :-)
ReplyDeleteOh that is so cute,love the different fabrics.
ReplyDeletehappy days.
Bev.xoxo
They are so cute. You have really been busy.
ReplyDeleteLove the fabrics.