Monday, December 19, 2011

I WON, but I'm giving it away!





No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you.  I won a fabulous prize of $30 off professional quilting of a lap sized quilt (55"x70") or larger, in the month of January 2012, from Marcia through the 'Occupy your sewing room'.  


Marcia does "free-style quilting", which means she manually moves the machine to make a personal design with the stitches on your quilt.  These designs are everything from simple to very complex such as: swirls, spirals, meandering, stippling, feathering, stars, hearts, butterflies, leaves, flowers, and anything else you can imagine.  No two quilts will look the same with Freestyle Quilting! You get an amazing final product!



She quilts on a Gammil Long-Arm Classic Plus Regulated Stitch Quilting Machine, making every stitch the same size.  She quilts nice and neat and evenly.  She has quilted over 1500 quilts since 2003.  Now that is a lot of quilts! 

I have added some of her work, it is just fabulous!

Swirls



Look at all the beautiful 'feathers'.





Check out these lovely flowers.




And lastly, Marcia has this one on her blog and I absolutely LOVE IT.


Marcia also offers extra wide backing fabric in 18 different colors.  If you don't have backing fabric or batting, she sells all of that as well, so in reality you can just send her your quilt top and buy everything else from her.


My title said giveaway didn't it? Well here is where that part comes in, right now I don't have any quilts that big that need to be quilted so I am going to share my prize with a lucky person (I have received Marcia's blessing for this).   You don't have to be a follower but it would be nice.


Here are all the ways you can enter to win.


1. Leave a comment telling me what you are looking forward to the most this Christmas.


2. If you are a follower let me know, that is 2 chances to win.


3. Blog, tweet, or share on Facebook and leave me the link. (since I'm feeling generous I will give you 1 entry for each one, so that is a possible 3 additional entries!)


The Winner, receives $30.00 OFF the quilting on a Lap quilt or larger. Good for any day in January 2012.


If you are a 'no-reply' blogger or don't have a blog you need to leave your email in your comment so I will know how to contact you if you are chosen as the winner.  If I can't contact you I will chose someone else.


This giveaway is open to entries now thru Friday 12/23/2011.   The winner will be chosen and posted on 12/24. Remember If I can't contact you, you can't win.







26 comments:

  1. I am most looking forward to time with family this Christmas! Thank you for the chance to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a follower. Thank you for the great giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am most looking forward to watching my granddaughters open their gifts and just being with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now a follower?

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to a quiet Christmas with my husband, as he was laid off this past August and is still looking for work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to hearing how my grandma reacts to the quilt I made for her. We can't attend the family party this year so we are sending it with my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and blogged about it http://happierthanabirdquilts.blogspot.com/2011/12/pieces-to-love-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a generous person!
    I'm looking forward to seeing my husband the most this Christmas. He is living in Texas trying to get our house there ready to sell, while I'm in Missouri in our new house with my 75 year old mother in law that is now living with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shared on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/VettekLisa/posts/197445943678668

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa sent me to see about your giveaway.
    I am looking forward to spending time with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. My daughter will be the Lector.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what I really want this Christmas is to get my health back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Time with family! (And maybe snow)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am looking forward to seeing my both of my kids and giving them a Big Hug! Especially since I have not seen my son for a year,he is a U.S. Marine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness!!! What am I looking forward to most this Christmas? .... Winning this prize! ;-)!! But other than that, just spending time with my daughters and their husbands, and my new-- and first-- little grandbaby!! That's what Christmas is all about-- time with family and appreciating all the blessing we've been given! Thank you so much for the chance to win!! I've got several quilt tops all finished-- would love to have one of them quilted!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. New follower here-- thanks again!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tweeted your giveaway here: http://twitter.com/#!/GwenWindham/status/150248808658370560

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awh - going on my son's honeymoon! :P You don't hear that everyday do you? Well he was married on 9.10.11 and now I have a daughter-in-love! And they are going on their honeymoon (belated) on Christmas day! We are flying off to Washington D.C. for a week of monuments, department tours, and museums. Cheescake too :) My son's birthday is Christmas and 27 years ago he arrived (two weeks late) on Christmas day! :)
    I would love to use this toward quilting a baby quilt for my Grandmother's Hope Chest. Not rushing - but - you can always dream - right?
    Cathy Byrd
    byrd@gulftel.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm following too :)
    Cathy Byrd
    byrd@gulftel.com

    ReplyDelete