Monday, September 19, 2011

Wow, it's Monday again?

I have to admit, I sort of enjoy Monday's now that my son is in school and it is just me and the girl.  Right now she is happily playing with some of my old Mickey Mouse happy meal toys from eons ago while watching Mickey Mouse Club house.  I love listening to her play and be imaginative.

I have to admit,  I haven't spent much time at the sewing machine since I made a cover for it. I really need to pick through my stash and make one for my serger now.


 I have been making some Hexi's, my husband thinks I'm nuts, but that is ok, he is stuck with me :o)

 I love the shoe print.  I did the best I could to get as many as I could to show. I only had 1 2.5" square of that print.

In fact out of my box of squares, I really don't have too many that repeat.  I think I have about 60 some of these little boogers done (a lot more than what is in the picture).  I work on them mostly while watching tv.  I at least feel like I'm being productive instead of being lazy, but really it is a little of both.

We went to another state park on Saturday, that seems to be our weekend entertainment lately.   This time we went to Indiana's first state park, McCormick's Creek.  It has some caves and sink holes but those are currently closed do to some White Noise Syndrome that is killing the bats that live in the caves.  Regardless we had a beautiful hike and along the trail we walked was a huge hollow tree.  I had the kids sit inside for a picture, and yes they thought I was crazy as well, but the pictures turned out great.

I hope everyone has a great week.  There is still time to sign up for the My Memories digital software giveaway if your interested I will have Mr. Random choose a winner in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. You will be done your hexie quilt before me! I am at 160 made.

    ReplyDelete