Monday, September 26, 2011

Blogger's Block of the Month

A month or so ago my local quilt shop had a sidewalk sale/clearance event.  I came home with lots of bargains, one of them being this beautiful 'Botanica Collection' fabric from art gallery fabrics.   The 5 fabrics on the top I have 1 yard each of and the bottom fabric I have 4 yards of. I have been thinking of making another quilt for me with these, but haven't came up with anything yet.

Normally when I buy fabric I have a project in mind, but I couldn't pass up the steal deal I got these for.

One of the blogs I follow is going to be designing a block for the bloggers block of the month. The block of the month is meant to be a scrappy thing, but I'm going to 'break the rules'


Which is ultimately hosted by Canton Village Quilt Works. I figure what better way to use my fabric that I have no project in mind for other than pretty much a mystery quilt.   They have a flicker group all set up here.
So come join in the fun.  

The first block has already been posted (they will post the new block on the 25th of each month).  You can find the first block post at A Quilting Life.

I hope to get my first block cut out later today.  

Have a great day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment