Tuesday, August 23, 2011

what to do, what to do...

This past week has been rough.  my dear hubby's grandma passed away on Thursday last week and will be laid to rest today.  I wish there was some way that I could get to the funeral and make it home to get my son off the bus, but I don't see any way that is possible. With my luck I would get hung up in traffic or with a traffic ticket and well neither of those would be a good situation.

I'm going to try and pass some time with sewing therapy.  I don't have a specific pattern I am going to work on, but I have a box with thousands of 2.5" squares in it. 




 I'm going to sort some out maybe or maybe not and just start sewing some HST's (half square triangles) and see where I end up.  i have seen some cute project using HST's and I know that I will need a lot more of them than most of the projects I have seen, but it will use up some of the scraps and who knows I might just end up with a Christmas present for someone or if I can't think of a good person for it to go to then I might just do a giveaway here.   

I'm also still trying to come up with something that doesn't look to 'baby' for my son for Christmas out of these fabrics.  I finally hit me that he will be 5 1/2 come Christmas and my inspiration print is more suited for maybe a 2-3 year old :(




I have a yard of all the fabrics except for the large Checkered print and I only have a half yard of that.   I know I will have to buy some more fabrics to complete the project because he has a full sized bed and I want the quilt for his bed.  

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your husbands Grandmother. Hope your sewing therapy helps. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete