Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Happy Humpday!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

This week I have been working on a memory quilt made from some baby/toddler clothes. It has turned out a little more challenging than I had planned on, but I'm getting through.

I'm sewing 'frames' around each piece of clothing, so I will have somewhere to quilt without sewing through the clothes.  
waiting for 'framing'

All the yellow framed ones are done.

peak-a-boo  my favorite block so far.
 And yesterday, I met up with a friend to get some boarder fabric for the memory quilt, I don't know how I forgot that when I was at the store the other day... And we also went to one of the 2 local quilt shops which I had never been to before.  I don't think I would have found it on my own.  But I found this adorable charm pack and just had to have it.  

I'm not sure what pattern I'm going to make with it yet, but it is on top of a pile of fabric and it keeps talking to me, saying, feel how soft I am, sew me, It isn't very nice. 

Do you have fabric in your stash that taunts you when you have another project that must be done in a timely manner? 

I hope you all hop over to visit Lee at Freshly Pieced and check out everyone else's works in progress and feel free to link up over there yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Look at peeking Minnie Mouse!! How cute is that?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frames are a great idea! Minnie is so cute! I'm hoping to do a memory quilt soon, but I was nervous about all the stretchy jersey-fabric clothing. Are you backing those squares with interfacing or anything? Also, what size are the clothing squares before framing them? Just trying to pick your brain for ideas! :) Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete