Saturday, July 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Well I'm back I guess you could say it was a mini vacation. I accomplished some sewing. Cleaned out my sisters closet at my parents house of clothing that has been hanging there for close to 20 years or better.  There is now only 3 things besides empty hangers left hanging in that closet now.   

I hauled 5 huge trash bags, 1 large box, 4 pairs of shoes and 3 formals to the goodwill store on Tuesday, swung by the Jo-ann's store that it closing and ran and errand for my dad while I was out.  I'm glad I did the errand because while there I discovered I had a flat tire on the car.  Boo, hiss, grumble, it was 90 degrees out and very humid which was even worse on the newly sealed black asphalt parking lot.  Now I was thankful to be in a parking lot and not of the side of the road while changing the tire.  It was late and the tire place was closed, so Wednesday I took the tire to get repaired, it was beyond repair, so I had to order new tires (darn you hubby for buying a sporty car with 17" rims and low profile tires) People don't keep those in stock...Tires finally came in on Friday afternoon.  

Now here is a little treasure that I have to make room for.  For some reason my mother can't seem to part with things and well,  I am the same way in some aspects and by that I mean I couldn't let this beauty go to the dump.



The 'Slant-O-Matic' The greatest sewing machine ever built..Well that is according to the manufacturing company's owners manual copy righted 1961.  It runs like a dream, very quiet.  My dad oiled it up and we took it for a test drive on some scrap fabric.


I have all the original attachments for it as well.  This could be fun.  The big hole in the middle holds a 'fashion disk' and it disk allows the machine to do special stitches.  

My mom says this is the first electric machine she ever sewed on when she was a kid (15 years old) before this machine, they had a treadle machine. 


Today I my goal is to clean up, sort and get rid of some unnecessary things I have laying around.  Now if I could convince my hubby to get rid of the 12 year old go-kart that is sitting in our garage taking up way too much space.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll be back another day to show off some of the stuff I stitched up while I was 'stranded' at my parents house.

No comments:

Post a Comment