Monday, July 18, 2011

I Won!

I'm super excited this morning.  I woke up to an email for Lee over at Freshly Pieced that I was the winner of their Go! Baby give away!   I'm getting a Go! baby Cutter and 3 dies.  

I spend a lot of my free time this weekend hand quilting and learned a trick to keep from getting a blister/sore spot on the side of my finger.    I cut a small scrap of fabric with some cotton batting in the middle and put on the sore side of my finger.  Worked like a charm, now I can stitch away.

Last week I started a quest to finish up my Dresden plate quilt. Well I got my blocks sewed together with some sashing, but it wasn't as big as I wanted so I slipped out to the fabric store on Saturday before heading to the grocery and got a couple of pieces to finish it off.

sorry for the bad lighting


Here it is out in the sunshine,  The dark purple will be a narrow boarder about 1.5" and then the pink and purple and white will be an outer boarder and the backing.  It is oh so soft to begin with.   I'm hoping to get the boarders on today, but I have to spot clean the carpet before I can get started.   Have a great day everyone.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Debbe. By the way - I went to the postoffice today so hopefully you will receive a "packet" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I saw that you won this morning and I was all excited that I "knew" someone who'd won. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete