Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September ALYF, Goal


I have a lot on my plate for this month, but I hope to get the quilting done on the Circles of Hope quilt before the end of the month.  

I do have a plan in my head for the quilting on this beauty.  

I haven't done any sewing for several days now.  I noticed last week when I was trying to put some Sun Bonnet Sue blocks together, that my iron was not getting very hot and that it was using an excessive amount of water when I needed the steam for fusing the interfacing.    I also noticed there were some dark spots coming through my ironing board cover, so I pulled back my cover and was grossed out by what I saw.


So, my warning to you is, if you have dark brown or black spots showing up through your ironing board cover, you may have a rusty board.  You can sand the rust away and repaint with rustoleum paint if you don't want to buy a new board.  I opted to buy a new board, because I don't have time to do all that other stuff.

I will leave you today with a picture of raw joy.  We took the kids on Saturday to see the NHRA drag race qualifying in Indianapolis.  This is my daughter and her reaction to one of the runs after we we had been drenched by rain earlier in the afternoon and waited out the delay.


And to quote her, 'That was the fastest car I ever seen!'.    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. love the quilt top, can't wait to see it finished.
    your little ones picture is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your quilting goal for the month,can't wait to see what design you do! Priceless photo of your little sweetie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest face I have ever seen! Can't wait to see how you finish it!!!

    ReplyDelete