Saturday, September 21, 2013

Last minute sewing

I knew since way early in the week that we had a birthday party to go to today. I was pretty low key, mainly cupcakes for the kids.  I'm not sure why I put off making a sweet dress for the birthday girl, but I did and we were fashionably late by a mere 30ish minutes.

Here are the fabrics I chose.  I have a HUGE stash of remnant's from Jo-Ann Fabrics and so I went fishing in my 'pool of fabric'.  I don't litterally have a pool, but I do have a a lot of remnants.


I did though learn that if I set my mind to I can make a certain pattern from ironing and cutting the fabric to putting the last stitch in the hem in just under 2 hours.  I may have gotten a few speeding tickets along the way with sewing so fast, but it turned out great and the birthday girl put it on as soon as she opened it and last I heard she still would not take it off.  I think she likes it.




I just love sewing sweet little dresses.

And for anyone interested, this pattern is McCalls #3918

1 comment:

  1. So long as you don't lose your sewing "license" ;) Super cute little dress!

    ReplyDelete