I really hope to get back to posting regularly around here. This past week I was busy working on making 252 HST's (half-square triangles) for a project. I'm using my Simply Color layer cakes and have paired it with some Peridot kona. My good friend Melissa from Sew Bittersweet Designs just happened to have some simply color and a kona color card to help me match it up. Thanks so much for your help Melissa. Melissa has been having blog issues so if anyone is a WordPress guru you can get in touch with her through her Sew Bittersweet Designs facebook page.
I bought a new 'spinning' cutting mat to eliminate the awkwardness of trimming up the HST's. It has been a dream, if you don't have one you might think about getting one. I had a 50% off coupon that I used when I bought mine.
These are just a few of the HST's laid out on my floor. I'm not sewing them in this order but I think I decided on just what order I am going to use, and I just might get them all laid out tomorrow or Tuesday depending on the craziness of my schedule of shuttling children, volunteering and getting in a run.
I also made this sweet little Halloween skirt last week. It is especially twirly and its recipient is absolutely in love with it.
And a sparking leotard for my little gymnast.
And last, but not least, the 'fire tree'. My husband says this tree looks like it is on fire with all the color at the top and the bottom still green. I took this picture on Friday morning after my run. It was a very crisp morning and I think it took a few hours before my fingers and toes were warm.





Funny,I just finished squaring up 168 of those HST'S this evening ;) Yours are looking quite lovely! That is a super cute little Halloween skirt and leotard. Love your awesome fall tree!
ReplyDeleteI love your fire tree. We have lots of those here right now too. The recipient of the skirt LOVES it! I think she would sleep in it if I let her :)
ReplyDelete