Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Soft Place To Land

This should have posted yesterday, but for some reason it didn't.  So so so sorry it is a day late.



Way back at the beginning of August Kristy from Hopeful Threads asked me if I would be interested in doing a special project for September. She even sent a link to the patterns that I could choose from! For those of you who have never heard of Hopeful Threads you can find more about Kristy's passion on her Hopeful Threads blog. For those of you visiting from Hopeful Threads, Welcome!

At the time I wasn't super busy or thought, the kids will be in school I will have plenty of time to sew. I think you all know what happens when you have that thought even for a split second, you guessed it, life happens and all of a sudden there just aren't enough hours in the day.  I thought many times about backing out, but I couldn't do that.  I had gave Kristy my word and I was going to hold myself to completing the pattern that I said I would make.

I choose the pattern titled 'A Soft Place to Land'.  It is a very soft and Frilly baby quilt that you can make with 2 1/2" strips.


It was a fairly simple quilt to construct.  I didn't have a lot of experience sewing/quilting with minky going into this project so it isn't my best work, but even though my binding isn't laying flat, I think the waviness of it goes with all the ruffles that are on the blocks.  I chose to free motion quilt in a random meandering for this quilt.

Here you can see the back and how I didn't quilt near the ruffles.


I don't know why the computer decided to rotate my picture, but it did and the photo editor I normally use is not being cooperative at all.  Google lords if you are reading this I hate your new photo editor, please change it back, I'm begging.

I encourage everyone to check out the Hopeful Threads blog.  The pattern for the adorable quilt I made is a mere $5 and you get it in digital format so you don't even have to wait for the mail carrier to bring it to your door.

Also be sure to check out all the other projects being made this month on the September 2013 Hopeful Threads Flickr group.  If you make something be sure to add it to the group.

I am going to donate my quilt to one of the local elementary schools in our town who has 17 homeless children enrolled.  I just know that one of them will have a baby sister that needs to stay warm this winter and what better way to give the family a little HOPE than by giving their child, a soft place to land.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Deb, and I love how you plan to gift it! Extra Special! Thanks for sewing along!

    ReplyDelete