Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August A lovely year off finishes, finsh



I did it.  I dug in and conquered the Circles of Hope quilt top.  It came with a few challenges, but that is ok those challenges equal new skills and a new 28mm rotary cutter.


This quilt top has finished at 54"x54"  It is nice lap size or wall hanging.   I haven't decided if it is going to be on the back of the couch or hung on the wall yet.  I'm going to enter it in a small viewers choice contest at the Ben Franklin in a nearby town.  They winner gets a $25 gift certificate to the store and hey, they sell name brand fabric too boot!  I'd be happy to get something fun for a new project.

Speaking of new projects,  I will give you a sneak peek at what else I'm working on.  No, it won't be my September goal for ALYF, but it will be revealed sometime next month.



I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!  We are still getting into a groove of things even though it has been 2 whole weeks now.  Second grade homework has proven to be challenging, but I'm pretty sure that is due to the strong willed child I have.  My husband and I are tag teaming on that part and he is taking the math and I get the fun of the spelling and whatever else may come home.  

3 comments:

  1. It is absolutely beautiful! I love your secret project too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! I think your husband made out on the homework deal, math is so much more fun than anything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the circles of hope quilt! Just beautiful...you should be proud! And love the new one too. We have the same "hw deal" that you do. I think I made out easier NOT getting the math part of it! You're doing a good job with your super stubborn one. I know it's hard as we have one too. Hang in there, mama!

    ReplyDelete