Friday, February 8, 2013

Ellie's Quilt


I have made this quilt for a friend of mine who has tried for 3 years to have a baby.  I can't wait to see her precious bundle in a few weeks.


 I love making baby quilts. I think maybe because they are on the smaller size and can be a quick finish depending on the pattern.  I have had a ton of interruptions while working on this quilt so it has taken me a couple of weeks to do.  This quilt is really basic.  I framed some minky squares, and then added the row into some charm strips.   I quilted in the ditch for this because I think anything else would take away from the beauty.


For the back I had some left over charm squares that I sewed together and did a disappearing 9-patch with and added my signature block at the bottom.  





4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I'm sure it will be well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the back too! I hope your friend has a real bundle of joy! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the bright colors in this quilt! It is sure to be cherished for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gostei do seu blog ..
    Lindos os trabalhos ....
    Bj♥
    Leila
    www.fazendoarteleriente.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete