Last week I made time to sew up this little dress for my daughter to wear to my sons Valentines party at school.
She just loves Hello Kitty so when I came across this fabric and had a 50% off coupon I snatched some up. Now she has a dress that will fit her for a while because I made it a bit too big for her.
As I was making this I realized how much I enjoy making clothes. Don't get me wrong I like making quilts too, but for me the dresses go together so much faster.
Today, I am going to take a step and try to make some preemie clothes for my friends twins who are in the NICU. They were born 15.5 weeks early or 25.5 weeks gestation so you don't have to do the math. The bigger of the two girls was 1 pound 10 ounces at birth and is now 4 lbs 9 oz. and is 2 months old. The smaller one was a mere 14.5 ounces at birth and is now 3 lbs 7 oz. The babies have to be a certain weight before they can wear clothes do to maintaining their body temp. Amazingly these girls have hit this milestone and are continuing to grow and thrive. They might be tiny but they no longer need a breathing machine and just amaze everyone each and every day.
I hope everyone has an amazing day.
She just loves Hello Kitty so when I came across this fabric and had a 50% off coupon I snatched some up. Now she has a dress that will fit her for a while because I made it a bit too big for her.
As I was making this I realized how much I enjoy making clothes. Don't get me wrong I like making quilts too, but for me the dresses go together so much faster.
Today, I am going to take a step and try to make some preemie clothes for my friends twins who are in the NICU. They were born 15.5 weeks early or 25.5 weeks gestation so you don't have to do the math. The bigger of the two girls was 1 pound 10 ounces at birth and is now 4 lbs 9 oz. and is 2 months old. The smaller one was a mere 14.5 ounces at birth and is now 3 lbs 7 oz. The babies have to be a certain weight before they can wear clothes do to maintaining their body temp. Amazingly these girls have hit this milestone and are continuing to grow and thrive. They might be tiny but they no longer need a breathing machine and just amaze everyone each and every day.
I hope everyone has an amazing day.


No comments:
Post a Comment