I did it! I finished up my Frosted Stars quilt. Although I still need to wash it and make it all crinkly, I snuggled up under it and watched a movie with the kids last night. I have a bit of a photo bomb for your this morning of the quilt.
Since it was dark when I finished yesterday, I couldn't get any 'good' pictures I'm so glad I wait until this morning. We had a little bit of frost this morning so I thought it would be the perfect background for the 'frosted' stars quilt.
I couldn't go far to take pictures this morning since my daughter was still asleep, but I found this little tree with the perfect hanging spots for my hangers just out our back door.
here is the back with the sun shining through.
I close up of the swirl quilting in the 'white space'
I tried a new to me binding technique called ' Magic Binding' I liked it and will certainly use it again. I love the edge that looks like piping. I you look at the picture of the quilt hanging in the tree you can see it stand out as well.
If you are interested in trying the 'magic binding' you can find a great tutorial for it here.
The stats on the Frosted Stars quilt are as follows:
Finished Size, 48"x58" (The pattern said 50x60)
Fabrics used:
Fruit Cake by, Basic Grey for Moda
Marbles by, Moda (off white squares)
Sentiments by, 3 Sisters for Moda (pattern 4089)
Premium quilters muslin for the backing
I used an 80/20 poly-cotton batting. It wasn't as thick as warm and natural, but I will say it is pretty warm.
I hope everyone has a great day. I have lots of errands to run today, and I need to start prepping for the Thanksgiving feast that will be at my house on Wednesday, since that is the only day my monster-in-law has off work.
Debbe



The Frosted Stars turned out fabulously! Love the Frosted photo ;) I have pinned that tutorial,I really want to try it. Have a great weekend :)
ReplyDelete