Monday, November 19, 2012

Shopping

I am not the typical 'girl' I hate shopping well unless it is for fabric, and even then sometimes I loathe it.  Right now I am shopping for a new sewing/quilting machine.  I have a modest budget so that makes it even worse.

There are quite a few options out there but, I want something that will hold up.  The machine I am replacing is a Brother cs-6000i.  It has taken my abuse for about 5 years now, but I have manged to knock the timing out of sync and while it is a great  machine, it will cost more for the un-guaranteed fix than I feel the machine is worth.  

Until then, I'm begging and borrowing machines to get my Christmas sewing finished up.  

I hope everyone has a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Eek, you just scared me. My timing is out and I am bringing her to the shop today. Good luck shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After using Brothers for over 10 years and me always killing them, I finally went to a local sewing machine shop, talked about what I do how often, what I wanted, etc, and walked out with a 2012 pfaff 4.0 Love It!!!
    Good Luck on your hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck on your hunt - I too hate shopping and do most of mine on line

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my utmost sympathy! My old Singer took all sorts of abuse for 23 years, and I still will not part from it, though my Bernina is vastly superior, and just now, I have the Bernina in dock, to have the light replaced, and am using my mothers Brother! Not the same at all!

    Best of luck with the hunt.

    ReplyDelete