Welcome to the late edition of Test Kitchen Tuesday.
I totally had a recipe ready to go for yesterday, and then life happened. I always take my daughter to the library for story hour on Tuesday mornings, well my son didn't have school yesterday because almost all the local schools in the county are polling places so they put it in the schedule as a teacher in-service day for the 'safety' of the students. AKA the office ladies would get sick of buzzing in thousands of people since once the students are in school it is basically on lock down.
Enough excuses lets get on to the the food.
My kids love french fries and I don't have a lot of freezer space to keep fries around so on occasion I will make them 'potato wedges'
You will need:
1-1.5 potatoes per person
Olive oil
Seasoned salt (like Lawerys)
Black pepper (optional)
Wash potatoes and cut into wedges or fries (peeling them is optional)
Put cut potatoes in a bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, about 1 teaspoon of season salt and a dash of pepper. If you are only using one or two potatoes you can get away with a lot less oil and salt.
Mix/toss until well coated.
Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan covered with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
Bake at 425 for about 40 min. or until nice and golden brown. Turn about half way through. Now don't get busy playing referee and trying to coach homework at the same time because well they just aren't as good when they are over done...
I hope everyone has a great day.
Debbe
I totally had a recipe ready to go for yesterday, and then life happened. I always take my daughter to the library for story hour on Tuesday mornings, well my son didn't have school yesterday because almost all the local schools in the county are polling places so they put it in the schedule as a teacher in-service day for the 'safety' of the students. AKA the office ladies would get sick of buzzing in thousands of people since once the students are in school it is basically on lock down.
Enough excuses lets get on to the the food.
My kids love french fries and I don't have a lot of freezer space to keep fries around so on occasion I will make them 'potato wedges'
You will need:
1-1.5 potatoes per person
Olive oil
Seasoned salt (like Lawerys)
Black pepper (optional)
Wash potatoes and cut into wedges or fries (peeling them is optional)
Put cut potatoes in a bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, about 1 teaspoon of season salt and a dash of pepper. If you are only using one or two potatoes you can get away with a lot less oil and salt.
Mix/toss until well coated.
Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan covered with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
Bake at 425 for about 40 min. or until nice and golden brown. Turn about half way through. Now don't get busy playing referee and trying to coach homework at the same time because well they just aren't as good when they are over done...
I hope everyone has a great day.
Debbe




Love potato wedges! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
ReplyDeleteI totally made these Monday night!!!
ReplyDelete