First off I have to offer up a Happy Birthday to Gideon Sundback. You are probably wondering who Gideon Sundback is, well he was an engineer and came up with today's version of the 'hook-less fastener' aka the Zipper. You can read more about him him here.
Now onto the regularly scheduled Test Kitchen Tuesday...
I've been doing a lot of cooking on the grill lately and haven't really made any recipes so to speak. Sure I could tell you how to bake a potato, or boil a ear corn, but well maybe I will do that some day when I seriously have nothing or just feel like giving out some 'basic' info. I pulled out the trusty 'church' cookbook this morning and have chosen a favorite that I remember having as a child at the church fellowship pot-luck dinners.
Spring Salad
1 3-oz. box Lime gelatin (jello)
1 3-oz. box Lemon gelatin (jello)
3 cups boiling water
1 can (20oz) pineapple tidbits well drained (keep the juice you will need it)
3 bananas sliced
1 1/2 - 2 c. miniature marshmallows
Topping
1 cup pineapple juice (if you don't have 1 cup from your can of pineapple, add enough water to make it 1 cup)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Flour
1 egg
1/2 c. sugar
Directions
Dissolve gelatin (jello) and let cool (not set). Stir in pineapple, bananas and marshmallows. Let set then cover with topping.
Topping: Boil pineapple juice, egg, flour, and sugar until thickened and then cool. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread over 'set' jello mixture
Today is going to be 'operation lunch bag' that shouldn't be too hard should it??? My son who is in Kindergarten asked me for the 100th time if I would get him a lunch box so he can take his lunch. I had some cute fabric that I had purchased with the intent of making a baby quilt with. I showed him and he like them and told me he wanted them all to be used.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Now onto the regularly scheduled Test Kitchen Tuesday...
I've been doing a lot of cooking on the grill lately and haven't really made any recipes so to speak. Sure I could tell you how to bake a potato, or boil a ear corn, but well maybe I will do that some day when I seriously have nothing or just feel like giving out some 'basic' info. I pulled out the trusty 'church' cookbook this morning and have chosen a favorite that I remember having as a child at the church fellowship pot-luck dinners.
Spring Salad
1 3-oz. box Lime gelatin (jello)
1 3-oz. box Lemon gelatin (jello)
3 cups boiling water
1 can (20oz) pineapple tidbits well drained (keep the juice you will need it)
3 bananas sliced
1 1/2 - 2 c. miniature marshmallows
Topping
1 cup pineapple juice (if you don't have 1 cup from your can of pineapple, add enough water to make it 1 cup)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Flour
1 egg
1/2 c. sugar
Directions
Dissolve gelatin (jello) and let cool (not set). Stir in pineapple, bananas and marshmallows. Let set then cover with topping.
Topping: Boil pineapple juice, egg, flour, and sugar until thickened and then cool. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread over 'set' jello mixture
Today is going to be 'operation lunch bag' that shouldn't be too hard should it??? My son who is in Kindergarten asked me for the 100th time if I would get him a lunch box so he can take his lunch. I had some cute fabric that I had purchased with the intent of making a baby quilt with. I showed him and he like them and told me he wanted them all to be used.
I hope everyone has a great day.


Well Anne would LOVE this - she has recently become a giant fan of JELLO :)
ReplyDeletePS. We will be having your pizza again this week because it is just that yummy - we even bought a pizza pan for the occasion!
Have fun with the lunch bag:)
ReplyDeleteSadly I'll have to pass on the JELLO- I have a weird "thing" about gelatin.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the lunch bag though, fun print.
Did someone say jello salad?? Nothing says warmer weather like jello!! Have fun making the lunch bag :)
ReplyDelete