Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Test Kitchen Tuesday

Today's pick is defiantly not healthy, but it is a great comfort food and what my family will be having for dinner tonight since I have to run out the door pretty much as soon as my husband gets home from work.

Fettuccine Alfredo is something my kids just love and since it is a quick fix it makes a great go to meal for me.

Fettuccine Alfredo

3 TBSP light cream or whipping cream
4 ounces packaged fettuccine
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 TBSP butter or margarine
1 clove minced garlic
black pepper


Let cream come to room temperature.

Cook Fettuccine and drain well.

Return Fettuccine to hop sauce pan.  Add cream, Parmesan cheese, butter and garlic.  Toss gently until fettuccine is well coated.

Transfer to a warm serving dish. sprinkle with pepper.  Makes 4 servings.

Note: I like to serve this will some grilled chicken and broccoli.

I wasn't able to finish up my secret project yesterday. Would you believe I need more fabric? I went to one of the quilt shops here in town but they did not have the fabric I needed or for that matter nothing close enough to Terrain to even bother with, so today I have to go to the other quilt shop in town (that is closed on Mondays) and hope they have what I need. I'm not sure what I will do if they don't have what I need.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love a good homemade alfredo sauce. I will have to try your version. I still haven't had a chance to make pizza. This weekend for sure because hubs starts his vacation on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would love this dish.

    ReplyDelete