I really have 2 goals for February, but my main goal for this month is to make a purse for my Mom. She was really thinking that she was getting one for Christmas and I fooled her and gave her a quilt instead. I have had the fabric for her purse for quite some time but I just haven't made it.
I love the look it gives on the back.
Then for the two narrow borders, I did the basic 1/4" as well. I like the simplicity of it with the busyness of the zig-zags.
In addition the borders and binding, I have a gazillion threads to bury.
My other goal is to finish quilting and binding the 'Twist and Turn' quilt. You will see in the picture below that I am nearly finished with the quilting part. I just have the blue/green outside border left to go.
I did basic 1/4" quilting on either side of the seams for the zig-zag part of the quilt.
I love the look it gives on the back.
Then for the two narrow borders, I did the basic 1/4" as well. I like the simplicity of it with the busyness of the zig-zags.
In addition the borders and binding, I have a gazillion threads to bury.

The fabric for your moms purse is pretty! Love all the zig zagyness with the batik fabric too. Good luck on your goals for this month!
ReplyDelete