Saturday, January 25, 2014

Twist and Turn top finished




The end of January has crept up on me already.  Thankfully I completed my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes.  



I also finished up the backing for the quilt.  The backing caused me some problems.  I started off using the leftover strips from the front on the back but they managed to get stretched and just would not lay flat once I had it all together, so I ripped those out and filled it in with the big squares.  I really like how it turned out and could actually be a reversible quilt when it is all said and done.  



Now I have figure out the best way to baste this since as you can see it takes up 90% of my floor space.  

For inquiring minds the name of the pattern for the front is called 'Twist and Turn'  it is from the Batiks Inspired by Bali book by Suzanne McNeill.  I didn't follow the pattern exactly and I made it queen sized where the patter is for a 72"x 84" top.  

10 comments:

  1. looking good! I like that it can be reversible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern, great fabrics, great quilt! Congrats on reaching your goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Great idea making a reversible quilt. Congratulatons on reaching your January Goal. I am also making a happy dance for the same reason. Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  4. for binding just twist and have fun.. LOL stopping by from A Lovely Year of Finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful front & back, congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so stunning! I really love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those batiks,congrats it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt!!! You must be so happy with how it turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both sides look wonderful. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is beautiful. Love the back, too. I like that you took pics of it on the snow, too.

    ReplyDelete