Saturday, August 3, 2013

Circles of Hope, ALYF August goal


This month I am digging into a project that I started at least a year ago.  I have all my pieces cut and had sewn at least 2 blocks together before I got caught up with a bunch of other projects and want to makes.  My goal for August is to only finish the top.

The pattern I am doing is called Circle of Hope.


Here are the first 2 blocks that I had done.  It was my first time sewing curves in the quilting world.  I will say I am going to take the top one apart and see if I can get it back together without the puckers.


My sweet little minions start school on Wednesday so I will have a few uninterrupted hours each day to sew. I am going to enjoy every minute of it for at least a week and then I am going to buckle down and after just over 5 years of being a stay at home mom I plan to go back to work in the real world. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

  1. That pattern looks so intimidating to me! All those curves.... Scary! :-). Good luck with it. It's a fabulous goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I can't wait to see it come together! I love your fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your craftiness and talent. Can't wait to see the finished product! And I see that you ARE getting back into the work force. Wow...so impressed. Maybe you can inspire me. Enjoy these last fleeting days of summer!

    ReplyDelete